Saturday, November 12, 2011

Should I contact my daughter's father's parents?

The father of my child had decieded not to be a part of my little girls life. Even after the paternity test that showed he is the father, he has not made one attempt to see her. I have called him once asking if he wants to see her, actually twice and he said no. I am recieving child support as i had filed this right away after she was born. And all I want is the best for her. BUT if he doesnt want tobe involved I am not going to make him. However a friend of mine keeps nagging me that i should try to contact my daughter's father's parents as they have no idea that they have a granddaughter. THIS FREAKS me out. As I am afraid that this is only going to open a can of worms...I only ume that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and if my daughter's father is like this. I can only imagine what they are like. And my other fear is them wanting custody or partial custody or somthing to that extent. Though my friend makes a good point,l that its for the best of her, because I can say to my daughter at least I had tried and if they are the total opposite of her father and are actually loving they may and could be somehting good in her life. WOuld you contact them? I have never meet them before...

No comments:

Post a Comment