Monday, November 7, 2011

What do you think of this poem: My Little Love ?

This is an extremely touching poem, and you've personalized it so well. The beginning is the strongest for me, particularly the third and fifth stanzas. "when my hand popped from your cheek" and the phonetic "Is zat ma house?" added those extra touches that really made me experience this that mush more. Poems can also be as long as they need to be, and I don't see any problem with length here. If you did want to tighten this, I think maybe you could find a way to condense the last few stanzas where you ponder where this little girl is, and wish to reach out to her. I really loved this, and on a more personal note, as a mother, it is hard when you find out that such a young child is plagued with something like bi-polar disorder. My best goes out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment